What's new

51H83 - Thin red on the right edge of the screen (1 Viewer)

Tet F

Auditioning
Hello everyone, I got my first RPTV a Tosh 51H83 about 2 weeks ago, and I notice a thin red spread on the right edge of the screen, this will be more visible if watching a Hockey game when the screen is white, also if I tune down the colour to B/W, so here is my question, is this TV need to convergence or repair? or since I am still in the first 30 days of the purchased, I can simply return or exchange for another tv from FS. Any suggestion and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Tet

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi tet

Is it a thin vertical line or a more diffuse halo on the right side / edge?

If it is the first, then you image is "most likely" off centered and showing the edge of the image (no overscan). If it is the later, then it is considered normal on a toshiba rptv, and lense stripping would fix it.

best wishes!!

Gregg

Tet F

Auditioning
Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your reply, It is kind of a thin red shade on the right side of the screen, I also notice that there is a little bite blue on the top left hand corner, I will calling FS to send a technician to take a look on it tomorrow, hopefully they can fix it or I may ask they to replace a new one to me.

Tet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks