What's new

50HX81 - green gun & holding black (1 Viewer)

Lennart

Auditioning
I have a 50HX81 for a week. I found that the green gun is off on the bottom-left corner and upper-right corner. Is this normal?
Also, when I use Video Essential, I realize that the 50HX81 does not hold black as black. My contrast is at 50 and brightness at 63 (after adjustment of brightness using VE). When switching from low-level pluge to high-level pluge, the black become gray. Is this normal for a 50HX81.
I am trying to determine whether my TV is defected especially when the delivery guys has bumped the TV a little. The HX is the top level HDTV from Toshiba and I expect it to do a better job than this. If someone out there has some opinion or similiar experience, please help!!!
------------------
Len

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Len,
I can't comment on the green gun problem.
The black half of the screen turning grayish in the high level pluge test is probably due to internal reflection in the set rather than an electronic problem.
A bit of that bright whiteness bounces off the inside of the screen and stays inside the set, lightening up the black half of the picture. This test isn't really good for calibrating rptvs because of this effect, I prefer the low level pluge or the pluge in the lower right corner of the standard color bar pattern.
I use AVIA, not VE, but they have a similar pair of patterns. When using the one where half the screen is bright white the black half is always more grayish than black on an rptv. I've done 3 different rptvs and they all exhibit this. I just use the low level pluge or the pluge on the standard color bar pattern, and pictures on regular source material look great.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.
[Edited last by Steve Schaffer on October 13, 2001 at 07:15 PM]

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
First, I have a 57hx81. My most major question to you is have you done a 56-point conversion on the set? I had a little red bleeding low and some bending at the bottom of my screen. I did the 56-point convergence and all was good. After 200+ hours on my set, I did it again and now it looks awesome. Good luck..
------------------
Have you seen my audio rack?

Lennart

Auditioning
I was hasitated to do the 56pt convergence because I am so new. But, after talking to the salesman and he showed me how to do it, I tried it tonight. I spent about 30 min on it. Now, it look pretty good. Still could not get some of the bleeding on the bottom line but I need a grid to do it. Any idea where to get one cheap? Thanks!
------------------
Len

Lennart

Auditioning
I was hasitated to do a 56pt convergence because I was so new. But, after some instructure, I tried it yesterday night. I spent about 30 minutes on it. It is not perfect, but it clears a lot of problem. Now, the picture looks pretty good even on Cable TV. I will need the grid to do it again. Any idea?
------------------
Len

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks