50H81 Technical Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Prentice Cotham, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

I purchased a *slightly* used 50H81. I work for the place that sells it and it was a return from a customer. They had the TV for 3 weeks in which they were experiencing an "intermittent shutdown" of the television. They returned the TV and it went to service. Looking at the documentation, the TV was "resoldered pins 1-6 of IC 2801." Does anyone forsee this as a potential problem? I got an unreal deal on it and the TV is in "new" condition.
    thanks in advance for your expertise.

2. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

As far as I know the intermittent shut down is somewhat normal in breaking in the TV. Mine did it a few times during the first two weeks, but has gone about a month now without doing it again. The TV should be under warantee as it stands now anyways. Enjoy it!!!!!

3. JamesMH

JamesMH Stunt Coordinator

This shutdown you mention, mine went snap-crackle-pop tonight, turned off for a few seconds, then turned back on. The noise it made was quite startling. I've had the tv for about 5 weeks now, it was turned on today for about 8 hours straight. Is never done this before.
    You say this is normal?

4. Han

Han Second Unit

I hope this eventually goes away. Mine's done it twice now in about 1 month of use. I'm going to replace my old curtains behind the TV with vinyl pseudo-leather curtains pretty soon. Winter's coming. Don't want any static discharge back there.

5. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

My 50H81 hasn't exhibited this problem in the month I have had it. It has turned itself off when the powers gone out but that's not exactly unexpected.