What's new

50H81 screen protector (1 Viewer)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
It seems that my screen protector has a slight ripple/wave to it at the top. Dosen't seem to effect picture quality, just bugs me. In other words it dosen't lay flat, It "looks" like what it is, a piece of plastic, not "glass like" flat. Can anything be done about it? I need the protector and can live with the glare for now.
Thanks

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
This may be an expensive fix. But you can get a new from Herman Electronics. I am in the same boat as you I have a 3 year old and need the screen also. I came home the other day to find a nice scratch in the middle of the screen. Ordered a new from Herman about $200 bucks with shiping.
Or if the TV is still under warrenty you could allways try fighting with Toshiba.
Good Luck
------------------

Larry Gegel

Auditioning
My brand new 42h81 has the exact same thing. I almost wonder if the screen was not completely flat when they tightened the clamps, or if the clamps could be overtightened slightly distorting the top edge of the screen. Mine isn't noticable with a picture on the screen, so I am not too worried about it right now. I'm too busy enjoying the new TV. It does have me wondering though.
Larry Gegel

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Yeah Larry,
It does look like a clamp is too tight, but like you say, I'm too busy enjoying the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks