5000 posts...where did time go?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Pratt, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Well this marks my 5000th post on HTF but it doesn't seem all that long ago that I was a complete newbie just learning in the in's and outs of setting up pro logic systems. The forum has grown leaps and bounds from those early years but for the most part the fellowship still remains the same. I've come to meet some fantastic people though this forum and for that I'm forever grateful to those that help make HTF what it is. Thanks guys!

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Congratulations on the achievement. And thanks for bringing up Pro-Logic again. Now, I can be like an old man spinning tales to youngsters..."Back in my day...we didn't even have 5.1 audio...we had to matrix out our surround channels and share the signal...you kids...you don't appreciate anything anymore."
    Bruce

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Wow 5000 posts. I just broke 500 a few weeks ago(if you count the 2 post dropping gliches...those were odd). Just think in another 2 months you'll be posting about 10,000 and will realize that you haven't left the house in those 2 months. Hey it happens to all of us.

4. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Hey, congrats on the milestone, Andrew! I can't wait until I break 1,000 posts. [​IMG]

5. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Congrats on the 5k Andrew![​IMG][​IMG]
    I'll be hovering at 2500 posts for months as the Thread Killer thread gets a regular trim whenever it gets too big and hairy.
    THIS POST HAS A COHERENCY LEVEL OF -3

6. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Congrats on the 5k achievement, Andrew. I'm slowly itching up to 4000 here, and hey, anyone is welcome to buy me a beer when I do hit that, just throwing a suggestion out. [​IMG]
    Jason

7. Rain

Rain Producer

If Jason gets a beer at 4000, then I think I should too. [​IMG]
    Congratulations on the milestone. [​IMG]

8. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

[email protected] [email protected] on your milestone! [​IMG]
    ProLogic!? We don't need no steenkin' ProLogic! [​IMG] My first HT was "created" by plugging an amp/speakers into the earphone jack of a 12" black & white television! I watched Star Wars on that rig the first time it was aired on broadcast TV! Granted, that was well before HTF's days...
    KJP

9. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Talk about where the time went Andrew, weren't we both around 1000 when we discussed the speakers we were going to get? And then what, around 2000 or so when you went to the Maggies? The time does fly. Congrats on the milestone. [​IMG]

10. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Yes I remember those speaker discussions carlo seems like only a few months ago doesn't it?

11. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Thanks for all the good posts Mr. Pratt. It's always good to hear from a fellow alternative speaker owner. Thanks for getting me into cat cables.

Jon

12. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

On my own message board that I run, which is also a vBulletin message board (about computers and general topics), I currently have 12,730 posts. And that's only the second highest count there! [​IMG]
    www.jjr512.com

13. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Justin thats impressive...of course we're not counting my 4k plus posts on www.htguide.com and what ever I'm upto on HT Talk and DT Forum[​IMG] Still its not about the number of posts but the friends I've made along the way

14. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Yes, that's a good way to measure it.
    Another thing is if the posts were actually useful. There are many people I've seen that post a lot of meaningless fluff...for example, we have a jokes forum, and some people post just a "[​IMG]" in reply, or to a discussion thread might just say, "I agree". It's good that you agree, but personally, I would prefer to see a little bit more, such as an explanation of why you agree with whatever it is that's being discussed. Little things like that. I like to think that the vast majority of my posts everywhere have been useful, informative, helpful, or in some other way, meaningful.
    I estimate that in addition to my own board, across all the other ones I've ever participated in, I have probably around 16k posts. I started my message board postings in mid 1999.

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Congrats, Andrew, on the milestone. And let there be beer aplenty for all.

16. Bruce Abar

Bruce Abar Stunt Coordinator

Pretty cool Andrew, I wish I had more time to spend here lately, I have been busy setting up a new restaurant location. The Home Rest. Chain is getting larger every year here in B.C.[​IMG]

17. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Congrats Andrew!

Glad to have you as a friend,

regards

Gregg

18. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

People like me people really like me:b Thanks gregg are you coming back to saskatoon any time soon?