$500 for "real" setup or klipsch promedia ultras...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Brandon[C], Oct 30, 2003.

1. Brandon[C]

Brandon[C] Auditioning

I have $500 to spend on audio gear, but heres the catch, $200 of that is best buy credit. I have been considering getting a set of the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 ultras (this wil be used with my PC)- can I do better with a "real" home theater setup for the same price? It will be used for everything, alot of music and gaming, and occasional movies in a 10x10 room. I really like the sound of klipsch speakers, so I'd prefer to go with klipsch or something with a similar bright rock-and-roll sound. The system doesnt have to be 5.1, 2.1 or 2.0 is fine for now as long as it has excellent overall quality.

Your expertise will be appreciated. thanks ^_^

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well in my opinion the ProMedia's are a good choice but you can do better. Take a look at the Klipsch Quintet's from bestbuy, add in a sub and you got yourself a nice Home Theater system.

When you look at the Quintets you will be amazed how the ProMedia's look somewhat like them. The Quintet's are a bit bigger, and quite heavier as they don't use a plastic case like the ProMedia's to save some costs.

Klipsch makes a quality products and it's great speakers. If you can't afford the Quintets then go for the ProMedia's, they are a very nice system as well, especially the new Ultra.

3. DanielGM

DanielGM Stunt Coordinator

Buy a decent set of loudspeakers and a decent stereo receiver. Surround is overrated for music. Look into either used speakers or a used receiver in order to get the best quality under your price point.