500$CAN for a receiver..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MikeGee, Dec 29, 2004.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Well my original plan was to get:
    Athena AS-F2s for my front speakers
    AS-b2's for my rear
    AS-c1 for my center...

however i made a decision to get a second set of the B2's for my front speakers due to the price.
    (AS-f2 were 800$ and the AS-b2's were 150$ Canadian)
    Either way when there is a sale on the F2's i'll get them for front speakers and put my b2's to rear speakers in a 7.1 setup.
    Now i need the receiver.. I would like a 7.1. or at least a discrete 6.1 channel setup.

I wanted the Pioneer 1014tx (was on sale for 500$ canadian) but it was sold out everywhere...

Like i said my budget is about 500$ Canadian do you think that i should wait till perhaps January until there are more sales that come out?

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    i dunno where you live mike, but i just went to a local future shop yesterday, they had seven boxed up 1014's on the floor.

just looking at them at that price gave my heart a tinge of buyer's regret after getting a Yamaha HTR5740 (RX-V450 actually) for $380 just over a month ago (and unfortunately, past the return date).

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Exactly which price was that, Nick? Cheers.

DS.

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Looks like FS shops in BC have them in stock for $499.

Kevin

5. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Thanks, Kevin. I was at my local Worst Buy on Boxing Day for about, um, two seconds, in hopes of getting a 1014 for $499 ("5 units per store!"). What madness, I tell you. Didn't even set foot in the store, after seeing the horrifying line snaking around the perimeter of the huge parking lot at 7am. I came to my senses, and bought a Yamaha 1500 elsewhere instead. Cost quite a bit more, but it was really what I wanted in the first place (using as pre-pro).
    Mike, sorry for hi-jacking the thread. In answer to your question, I think that any dealer worth his salt will be willing to play ball in January. I mean, their bills keep comin' too, right? Cheers.

DS.

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Dave,

What did you pay for your 1500?

Kevin

7. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Nick i'm all the way in Montreal. Our futureshop doesnt have them in stock .. actually none of the ones within the montreal area have them in stock. I tried to get it ordered online from their site with little luck.
    One day left in the sale.. think there are any odds of getting a similar price in january? The only place that had the 1014 in stock was sellin at 680$ for a floor model!

8. Nigel Hooper

Nigel Hooper Stunt Coordinator

There are a couple on Canuckaudiomart for sale.

9. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

You guys are killin me. I was lucky enough to order one through BB at midnight on Christmas. A few days later I got sick of waiting for the delivery, so I ran to Newmarket and got the last 1014 left(this was Monday night.

If I had any idea other folks would have wanted one I would have not cancelled my order!

We need to set soemthing up in future years!

Brent

10. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Kevin, check your PMs, sir. Cheers.

DS.