What's new

50% one item at B&N ! (1 Viewer)

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I came across a discussion of a coupon for 50% off any one item at B&N last night (link below)...you have to be a member of B&N (costs $25 for one year, but the other posters say it's well worth it) and use Mastercard for your item. BUT...it's good on any one item, including preorders.

I tried it out, and sure enough, it works on preorders. I got the big FORD AT FOX box that's coming out in December. Retail about $300, Amazon price $210...and I just got it for $95 (plus the $25 membership) at B&N. Here's the link...look at comment #219 for the coupon code:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....5&page=9&pp=25

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I am a B&N member and it is worth the expense when you utilize every discount option available. Members get 10% off all orders, and B&N issues weekly 10% and !5% member coupons. Usually some 25% coupons start popping later in the year around the holidays. If you have a B&N Mastercard you get an additional 5% off all orders, and earn points with every purchase that are redeemed for B&N gift certificates. Also if you make a purchase through ebates you get an additional 4% off. I found on new releases that are going for 30% off B&N prices easily beat most other store's prices with all the discounts mentioned.

By the way I believe you could have saved more on the Ford set since it just had a price drop. With the 50% coupon and member discount it would be around $83 now before any sales taxes.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Thanks for the link, Danny. That's an incredible deal! I just pre-ordered the Ford at Fox set for $87.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Am I missing something? When I click on that link it just takes me to that person's DVD Spot page.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You have to scroll down to find the discount code in the discussion.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Does Barnes and Noble do price adjustments if their price drops the day after you order something that has not shipped ?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
spider-man blu ray trilogy for under $43 shipped if no tax

BrianP

Supporting Actor

From what I heard it doesn't look like they do price adjustments. You would have to cancel the order and place a new one. However if you cancel an order with a coupon you cannot use it again. I did hear someone mention they were able to call customer service and they reactivated the current 50% coupon on their account so they could use it again on a new order.

mraw

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan
Thank you so much for this! I got I Love Lucy: The Complete Series set for $66! One question, though. The rules said that the coupon can be used once online and once in the store. Is there a physical coupon for this deal?

BrianP

Supporting Actor

Yes there is also a physical coupon for in store purchases. However the only ones who got it had it mailed to them along with the online code that got posted. However from the description of the coupon it didn't appear it was possible to copy it so anyone could use it like the online code.

Kenbenobi

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hey, that's me! Glad to see my coupon spread to other forums...
FYI, the coupon I got in the mail is actually a STICKER. They probably did that to prevent fraud, since it would be more difficult to duplicate the sticker. Personally, with the deals that we have discovered in dvdtalk, it is worth it to open a 2nd B&N account. Even with the extra $25 fee, it will pay for itself. They limit all coupon codes to ONCE per member account, but they have decent coupons throughout the year. Combined with their sales, you can get some really good bargains.

Their prices can be like the stock market. Sale prices could fluctuate between 15% or 20% or 30% off on any given day (they could go up or down--X-Files was 15% off yesterday, and 20% off today). They sometimes change daily, usually overnight.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Wish I could get in on this for the Ford at Fox box, but I don't have a Mastercard.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just ordered the Seinfeld Complete Series set. After tax and the $25 membership fee, it cost $111.xx - about $80-100 less than most major e-tailers are charging for it. :emoji_thumbsup:

And there's a 25% off coupon for members that expires tonight that I'll probably take advantage of. In case anyone else want to use it, the code is L3E6E9M. I don't think you need a Mastercard for that one.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

That's what I used mine on! With tax $79.xx Great deal! $50 cheaper than my amazon pre-order!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks