5 years ago to this day, I joined the Home Theater Forum.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I can remember it like it was just yesterday. I was an 18-year-old college drop-out with a DVD collection of 30 titles or so. I had no idea what led me to this site, but I came, and with the exception of a few days back in my first year here, I've been a part of this site ever since.

Time sure has changed things. I can recall when Sony was the best and Warner was the worst when it came to DVDs. I can recall a time when nobody paid much mind to TV-On-DVD. I can recall a time when HD-DVD and Blu-Ray were unheard.

Well, it's cool to see how things change over the years. I'm glad to be on this website. I've lasted longer on this site than I have on any other forum. I wonder why. Well, either way, I'm glad about this place.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I like this place...I really do.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Things do change! This year will be #11 for me on this forum. Back then, it was just a Delphi Forum. I've been collecting all the old posts and information since I still have the folder from WinD back in the day.

Sometimes, it's interesting to see how much things change. Debates can rage over crazy things; when there were no seperate forums, just a single longstanding thread, the debate would go from whether or not passive or active subs were better; the power of speaker wire; a debate over whether or not the CLD-99 screwed up everything that was right about the CLD-97.

Kind of crazy years down the road
Thus is the hobby; it's so constantly changing that if you are a real devotee your pocketbook is always empty keeping up. Thank god I don't spend the way on HT now as I did then

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
John,
I joined in August of 2001 myself. It's been my favorite site almost ever since. It's made me friends, gaming buddies, saved me hundreds of dollars, and honed my appreciation for the art of cinema. Congrats on the five years, and thanks to Ron and the admins for keeping the place as good as it is.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I joined here in '03, but I've been reading this board since 98'ish. In '99, I was at another DVD site and never posted here because both sites seemed to have the same back and forth info. After leaving that other site (which went down hill pretty quickly due to the lax in moderation), I came here and have been quite happy.

Sometimes moderation seems like it sucks, but it's better than some of these sites that get REALLY out of control.

Man, if I had only choosen this site first, I would have been a member here for close to 7 years.

Mike Frezon

Premium

Hey, John! Five years (and 18 days) for me, too!

Bow before your elder!

I was an 18-year old, too! And now, five years later I find myself a 47-year old. It's odd how that worked out for me!

I really like this place too! I am constantly amazed at the low-level of civility at other sites. Three cheers for the HTF!

Wow! Can't believe it's been five years. It's coming up on almost three years I've been putting together the Weekly RoundUp. Phew!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I joined in early 1999...

I don't post as much as I used to, my daughter is eating up most of my spare time. Still love the site though!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Five years, eight months for me. I think I was still collecting Fox Five Star Collection DVDs back then. And a Konka DVD player connected to a 1980's Magnavox TV. Wow.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDCourier