5 Pair Binding post wall plate construction

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RyanW, Oct 28, 2002.

1. RyanW

RyanW Extra

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had ever constructed a 5 pair binding post wall plate before? I am not sure if this is feasible or even a good thing to do, but a friend of mine would like to tidy up his speaker wires.

Thanks in advance!
    Ryan

2. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

you can buy a binding post system at home depo you can get a dubble box and put 6 of them in it that is 6 speakers i have my mains bi wired and 1 ise a one dubble gamg box fot that and i have a seccond with 4 for my suround and a cabble jack and a rca for my sub

3. Rob Lloyd

Rob Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

I have the snap jack wall plates w/ speaker terminals on the back and banana jacks on the front. I can only get 3 pr of speakers / plate though. So I have 3 wall plates setup. The 3rd is a carryover w/ other stuff like the sub cable, s-vid, IR, cat45 etc going to the projector. I didn't get them from HD but they are very similar to the Leviton stuff they carry.

I know people frown on the extra connections in the line but it makes for a nice neat, easily expandable install. My equipment is in another room from the HT so the gear is out of site. I'm using Xantech stuff for the IR repeating.

Rob