What's new

5 or 3/2 channel to match Aragon 8008bb? (1 Viewer)

Kincade

Second Unit
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to solicit your advice; I'm having a hard time finding any answers to this question.

I'm picking up an 8008bb Aragon for my mains, but i'm running a 7.1 system, and need to get amplification that will match well with the 'bb'.

Any suggestions? I've heard the acurus a200x5 is voiced similarly; and I've thought an 8008x3 for the center and 2 side surrounds, with a cheap amp for the rear surrounds might work as well...

I've also read about the 4004 series, but I don't know how similar they sound to the 8008...

I'd like to keep it around $2k total if I can, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Kevin T

Screenwriter
kincade...there's an 8008x5 on audiogon right now for $2395. it would mate perfectly with the 8008bb.

kevin t

Kincade

Second Unit
Kevin and Ricky,

Thanks for the options, I'll be spending some time on agon tonight!

BTW - I bought a sherbourne 7/2100 last month, and haven't opened it yet; I heard that it didn't compare favorably with the other amps out there like the Aragon, because of the Class G operation.

What are your opinions on these Aragons vs. the Sherbourne? Is there a difference, or is it 95% vs 96%?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks