What's new

5 Kubricks coming to Blu-ray/HD-DVD 10/23 (1 Viewer)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
From themanroom:

Stanley Kubrick fans, today is your day. Warner Home Video has announced '2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Edition),' 'A Clockwork Orange (Special Edition),' 'Eyes Wide Shut (Special Edition),' 'Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition)' and 'The Shining (Special Edition)' will be available individually on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc on October 23 for an SRP of $28.99.

Better yet, it appears both versions of all the films will include Dolby TrueHD 5.1 lossless audio, and the Blu-ray versions will be pressed on BD-50 discs. Thank you, Warner!
We're still waiting to receive full disc specs and high resolution cover art, and will update each disc's detail page as soon as we have them.

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=636

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Well, three out of five ain't bad, and maybe four. Count me in for the HD DVD of A Clockwork, 2001 and The Shining. I will pick up Full Metal if it is struck from a different Master than the current HD DVD is.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
For me, this is THE HD-release so far. Let´s hope for the box set and some proper extras! Like with some other titles, I have waited to see these again (first I waited the new DVD box set and then these HD-releases), which makes this all even better. :)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
2001 is one of my 5 all time favorite films. It will look great in Hi Def. I may get FULL METAL JACKET if it is a better transfer than the one currently.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Great news! I'll be getting all 5.

I just put a kidney up for sale on Ebay to cover the cost of all these releases.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Hopefully EWS will be uncut, or else I will be importing that one from Asia. Also, it would be nice if they included the original mono tracks on FMJ, ACO and The Shining.

I'm relieved to hear they all have TrueHD!!!!!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
EWS is confirmed to be the R-rated version. I will not be purchasing this one from the U.S. I'll have to do some research and figure out which exchange rate works out best (probably Korea or Australia?)

Here are the official specs from Warner:

Eyes Wide Shut: Special Edition
HD-DVD | Elite Red HD Case Official Pre-Sell Date: July 25, 2007

Studio: Warner Bros.

Product Type: Sell Through
Latest Promotion: New Release
Announce Date: 7/25/07
Order Date: 9/18/07
Street Date: 10/23/07
UPC: 012569818330
Cat#: 81833
ISBN: 1-4198-3509-2
Closed Captioning: Yes
MSRP: $28.99
Rating Comments:Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, language and some drug-related material.
Packaging Type: Elite Red HD Case
Media Quantity: 1
Disc Configuration:
1) HD-30DL
Soundtrack Language: English
Units per Carton: 30

Subtitles: English, Francais, Espanol
Aspect Ratio: Original Aspect Ratio - 1.78, Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

:laugh: :crazy:
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:)

Jarod M

Stunt Coordinator
I believe, IF done correctly, 2001 could be the best looking release on high def yet. And the audio should be incredible too.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Warner did a fantastic job with another large format film Grand Prix, so there is no reason to think they won't with this one as well.

Doug

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
All this talk about the formats getting closer to the director's vision with HD picture quality and lossless sound - and they're not including the original sound. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks