5 Disk Vs. Single Disk

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Bing, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Steve Bing

Steve Bing Auditioning

Hi all, I apologize if this has already been discussed...
    I am split between a 5 disk player (SONY NC600) and its single disk incarnation (SONYNS300). I am curious if there is any disadvantages to using a 5 disk player. I had previoulsy heard a myth that breakdowns/problems are more likley with the multi-disk players. Is there any truth to this?
    Also, if anyone ownes either of those and could give a vote of confidence it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

2. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

I've had my 5 disc changer for about 3-4 years and use it for movies and music without any problems at all. If you listen to alot of music a multi disc player is the way to go.

3. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

I think the obvious point is that the changers have more moving parts than the single disc units, and hence more prone to mechnical failure. Whether this theory has any basis in reality is not for me to say.

Kind of like cars with electric windows versus hand crank windows...

Personal experience: cheap Sony changer - broke after a couple of months. Mechanical problems. Previous single disc player (forget the brand) - ran for years and years until electronic problems.

4. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

I have the NC600, and it performs beautifully with both CD's and DVD's.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I'd be surprised if a 5 disc changer has any more problems over time than a single disc would. I have a 5 disc Sony carousel that I have owned for 13 years and it works perfectly [​IMG]