What's new

5 Disc DVD vs. One Disc Dvd (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Bob,
One holds only one disc, and the other holds 5 (or 7 if it's a JVC). There's nothing about the changer mechanism that detracts from audio or video performance vs single disc players at the price level at which these are found.

I used to think a dvd changer was a kinda silly idea until I got one. The convenience of being able to load all the discs in a 2 disc or multidisc set at once is something I don't want to give up.

When you get into the arena of mega-buck high-end players ($15k) all you'll find is single disc models, mainly because buyers at this end of the market demand precision transport specs not attainable by changers.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
One holds only one disc, and the other holds 5 (or 7 if it's a JVC).
Steve, you beat me to the smart-ass reply :)
I've got to say, I also enjoy the higher laziness quotient with a multi-disc changer. Not only that, but it also makes box sets easier to watch.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While I love having a carousel player for CD's, I have found that I do not miss having a multi-disc player for DVD's. I used to have a two tray Toshiba SD-6200 before upgrading to my current Panasonic RP-91. I rarely used the second tray (usually only for two disc sets). After spending 2+ hours watching a film, I usually need to get up anyway, so swapping discs to watch extras is no big deal.

If you plan on using the player for both DVD's and CD's, then ignore the above. I have a separate CD carousel player, and could not imagine going back to a single disc CD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks