What's new

5-disc "Blade Runner"/"Harry Potter" sets (Blu-ray/HD DVD) coming (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Indeed. I was just talking to my friend, who said that the only version he´ll ever needs is the original "Theatrical version". It´s the version he saw for the first time and many times after that.

My point just was, that these opinions might vary..

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No problem. I just have made up my mind beforehand. For me, any version that expands on Scott's retarded notion regarding Deckard's origin is a waste of plastic; however, I know I'll watch it out of weakness and then wish that I hadn't. :)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I did go and buy one of the few SVHS versions from that company doing professional copies. I remember selling it on eBay for like $40 just as DVDs started hitting the market.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I have to say that I saw Blade Runner in the theater in the summer of 82 probably 5 or 6 times. I never really liked the voice over narration. It always sounded tagged on at the last second to me. The original narration written into the script would have been much better. It will be interesting to see if they go back to that original narration as I understand that Ford actually recorded it.

I don't know, I always thought it was pretty clear even in the original theatrical cut that Deckard was supposed to be a replicant. Or at least you were supposed to question if he was or not.

I'm very interested to see the Holden in the hospital scene and several others that were shot and supposed to be included in this version.

Doug

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Exploring through the Warner link above they also include prices for the Blu-ray/HD DVD versions. The 5-disc is priced at $79.95 with the SD DVD version at $59.95. That's roughly $19 cheaper than the listed MSRP for the SD DVD version. That would have me assume that the Blu-ray/HD DVD version will be priced right at $99.99 as many have already speculated. The single disc is mentioned above is $29.95 for HD DVD and Blu-ray.

Also of note is that when examining the "info" link for the 5 disc version the SD DVD lists "Media Quantity" as 5 discs but the HD DVD and Blu-ray only says 1.

(link)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Amazon has the Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) HD DVD and Blu-ray listed for pre-order for $69.95

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I think Dave is right, the HD DVD and Blu-ray versions are the 5 disc set only. Thats the only thing I can find listed at Amazon.

Doug

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Yeah I saw that too but I think its an error. That would be less than the 4 disc SD version.

Doug

Mike.P

Second Unit
Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered both the Ultimate and Complete collection for 94.50 shipped from Amazon with Standard Shipping, and my 10% savings from buying HD-DVD's on amazon last year promotion.

That means the 5 disc complete collection was only 24.50 or so. Doesn't Amazon have a lowest price guarantee?

If so, woohoo! I'm just going to keep the super set sealed up, and open up the complete collection for watching.

Thank God I found this today!

Mike.P

Second Unit
Well, prices sound official then.

I guess it makes sense. Unlike something like The Matrix collection, we are really only getting one film.

So I ordered both the briefcase set, and the complete set, and I paid way less then I expected.

Being borderline OCD is no good, but this is seriously the only film I'll do it for.

I already own the original DVD, and the re-master from last fall. Yikes.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I think the list is $39.95

Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (2007)
Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Young Director: Ridley Scott

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

List Price: $39.99
Price: $27.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $12.04 (30%)

and the 4 disc Sd set lists for $34.95

Blade Runner (Four-Disc Collector's Edition) (2007)
Starring: Harrison Ford Director: Ridley Scott

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.

List Price: $34.99
Price: $24.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $10.00 (29%)

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
Availability: This title will be released on December 18, 2007. Pre-order now! Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Is it possible that only the new "final director's cut" will be in HD...?
That would make sense price-wise if the other discs are SD...

Remember "The Matrix" ultimate HD set...? All the extras and even "The Animatrix" were only in SD...

Mike.P

Second Unit

Ugh, that would be infuriating if that were the case.

And honestly, it sounds like you could possibly be right.

Here's hoping that's not.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Very true. Unfortunately only a $5.00 increase in the MSRP leads me to think that. All the press release says is "Both HDdvd and BD will have the same content and extras..." I haven't read anything saying ALL extras and alternate versions in HD anywhere. What could have been the most anticipated title for us geeks might quickly become the turkey of the year!

:0

Mike.P

Second Unit

At the same time, there is also a $20 dollar increase on the "Ultimate" edition list price, so perhaps Warner is *gasp* pushing HD?

Here's hoping!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks