5-CD Changers with CD-Text?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Can anyone recommend any 5 CD changers that can display CD-Text nicely? I'm not looking for anything else except a digital connection and decent speed/performance. I'd also like something i don't have to buy new - my budget doesn't go very far! :b

2. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Try the Sony CDP CA70ES, 80ES. You can probably find them at a discount. Sounds great, 5 yr warranty, built like a tank.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom,

The 'CA80ES was discontinued months ago. The 'CA70ES is still available.

Mark,

In addition to the Sony CDP-CA70ES, consider the Sony SCD-CE775. It originally sold for $350, but is now available for $180-200 from Best Buy, Circuit City, and some authorized mail-order dealers. The 'CE775 also plays stereo and multi-channel SACDs, which sound better than CDs. The 'CE775 is an excellent CD and SACD player for the money. As a non-ES component, the build quality of the 'CE775 is a bit lacking relative to the 'CA70ES. In addition, the 'CE775 comes with just a one-year warranty, not the five-year ES warranty. Still the 'CE775 is a bargain.