What's new

5-CD Changers with CD-Text? (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Can anyone recommend any 5 CD changers that can display CD-Text nicely? I'm not looking for anything else except a digital connection and decent speed/performance. I'd also like something i don't have to buy new - my budget doesn't go very far! :b

TomCW

Second Unit
Try the Sony CDP CA70ES, 80ES. You can probably find them at a discount. Sounds great, 5 yr warranty, built like a tank.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom,

The 'CA80ES was discontinued months ago. The 'CA70ES is still available.

Mark,

In addition to the Sony CDP-CA70ES, consider the Sony SCD-CE775. It originally sold for $350, but is now available for $180-200 from Best Buy, Circuit City, and some authorized mail-order dealers. The 'CE775 also plays stereo and multi-channel SACDs, which sound better than CDs. The 'CE775 is an excellent CD and SACD player for the money. As a non-ES component, the build quality of the 'CE775 is a bit lacking relative to the 'CA70ES. In addition, the 'CE775 comes with just a one-year warranty, not the five-year ES warranty. Still the 'CE775 is a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks