What's new

5.1 to 7.1 setup with 1 problem (1 Viewer)

bello1971

Auditioning
Real Name
Carlo
Hello everyone,

I have admired this site for months & today I finally became a member.

I'm that guy that got tired of paying for over-priced movie tickets - having someone kick my seat every two mins - gettin fights over a few teenager always talking/giggling - having to pay for parking - paying $10.00 for popcorn & a small drink and then having to get into a cold car. ENOUGH.

I bought myself:
Sanyo z4 projector
Pioneer VSX-1016TXV
Toshiba SD 5970 (gift)
Mirage Nanosat Speakers

I want to change my current 5.1 speaker set to 7.1.

I currently have the same set up as in the dolby.com site

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_e...oomlayout.html

My couch is against the back wall.

Where should I install the other 2 speakers?

Thanks in advance

chuckg

Supporting Actor
If your couch is against the back wall, there is no reasonable place to put back channel speakers. There are very few films available in 6.1, and I think 7.1 is still an unofficial tweak.

Save the cash for something else.

Or, if you really truly must add a pair of speakers, try putting them above the ends of the couch on the ceiling facing down. You never know, it might work.

You might be able to switch your RCVR so that the extra two speakers are "Presence" channel, which adds to the center channel with a couple of speakers up high above the screen. In movie theaters this is to offset the high-freq losses as the sound passes from the speakers through the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks