5.1 system - $1000 budget

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tommy_esq, Dec 31, 2001.

1. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

My father is currently putting together a home theater room. He is going to go with either the 65" Sony or a comparable size Pioneer HDTV set. He is also looking at Denon receivers. For his speaker set up he was looking at a BOSE acoustimass set up. I told him there are tons of other options he should look at before he "settles" for BOSE. Could a few of you be so kind as to suggest a solid 5.1 system (including powered sub with LFE input) for about $1000? Thanks!

2. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    In that price range, I would look to www.hometheaterdirect.com for a speaker package, possibly substituting a more capable sub like the HSU VTF-2.

3. Scott Werner

Scott Werner Auditioning

I would highly recomend the speakers from axiom audio(axiomaudio.com). They are an established canadian speaker company that sells ourageously good speakers for less than the mass market crap found at cicuit city. Their Epic Master Home Theater System sells for $1100 and includes the M3, one of the best small speakers made today (see reviews at goodsound.com and soundstage.com).

Just say no to Bose.

4. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

Scott- I had never heard of those, but they sure look impressive...