What's new

5.1 surround sound (1 Viewer)

ArthurFlew

Grip
I just recently purchased Infinity's beta line of speakers, the beta50s for front channels, and beta10s, for surround channels, and the infinity b12 for a sub.

I have them all hooked up to my roommate's avr230 HK receiver (which will hold up until I buy my own receiver).

Anyway, I finished hooking them up yesterday and everything worked fine. It was great.

Today, I was watching the dodger game, and i decided to have the sound go through my speakers. Now, if I am to understand correctly, if i set it to Dolby Pro Logic, shouldn't that send audio to all the speakers? I know it's not 5.1 surround, but doesn't it just replicate the audio from the front two channels to the rear two?

Anyway, I can't get sound to come out of them when watching just tv, do i have a setting wrong on the receiver, or did I hook up the speakers improperly?
I have them hooked onto the surround spots on the receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

ArthurFlew

Grip
I just recently purchased Infinity's beta line of speakers, the beta50s for front channels, and beta10s, for surround channels, and the infinity b12 for a sub.

I have them all hooked up to my roommate's avr230 HK receiver (which will hold up until I buy my own receiver).

Anyway, I finished hooking them up yesterday and everything worked fine. It was great.

Today, I was watching the dodger game, and i decided to have the sound go through my speakers. Now, if I am to understand correctly, if i set it to Dolby Pro Logic, shouldn't that send audio to all the speakers? I know it's not 5.1 surround, but doesn't it just replicate the audio from the front two channels to the rear two?

Anyway, I can't get sound to come out of them when watching just tv, do i have a setting wrong on the receiver, or did I hook up the speakers improperly?
I have them hooked onto the surround spots on the receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Drew_W

Screenwriter

No. That's 5 channel stereo. Prologic/Prologic II simulate surround sound based on an algorithm that accepts the 2 channel info and outputs it in 5.1. Quite effective. DTS Neo:6 does the exact same thing, albeit with a different algorithm, as does Logic 7 and the numerous other DSP programs that receiver has.

Can you get sound watching something other than TV?

Drew_W

Screenwriter

No. That's 5 channel stereo. Prologic/Prologic II simulate surround sound based on an algorithm that accepts the 2 channel info and outputs it in 5.1. Quite effective. DTS Neo:6 does the exact same thing, albeit with a different algorithm, as does Logic 7 and the numerous other DSP programs that receiver has.

Can you get sound watching something other than TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks