What's new

5:1 speaker packages - in White? (1 Viewer)

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
- I accidentaly posted this in the Receivers section...

now that I think I've settled on the JBL NSP1 setup for myself (thanks to the advice of the forum), I've been looking to find a speaker package for my folks. one thing they would really find appealing would be if the satellites were in white, so it blended in with the color of the walls they'd be mounted.

the room is a large sunroom. the tv would be the Sony 34" HDTV. probably go with the Onkyo 600 receiver. unfortunately, the NSP package does not appear to come in white. I see the separates are available in white, but they don't seem to enjoy the benefit of the package price (at least at j&r). also, I was noticing the layout last evening and the JBL center would probably be too large - it's an in-the-wall cabinet that was pretty much made around the dimensions of the Sony 34". there's no height above the tv for the speaker to sit. and there's a cabinet directly above the cut out for the tv, so it can't easily be mounted on a bracket above the tv (unless it could swing out of the way for the cabinet doors to open). this leaves mounting it on the 5 inch strip of wood under the tv. though I've heard on the forum that mounting it below is not ideal, this may be the only option. anyway, I've veered off topic, but input on this would be helpful as well.

ok, so in looking around at packages that have white satellites, I've found Bose (and I know the feeling on these) and the Polk 6000s and 6200's. The 6200's are already probably more expensive than they'd want (they're not going to be watching a lot of movies, and admit they wouldn't appreciate a high end setup). but I don't want to get them something that sounds poor.

so, would anyone have any recommendations on white speaker packages? how would the Polk's be??

Thanks for your help.

Marshall Sander

Stunt Coordinator
If you're thinking of satellite speakers, look at:

Energy Take 5.2

Gallo Nucleus (or Due)

NHT has a smallish speaker (not a satellite)

Definitive Technology

Also, I think PSB's satellite speaker system is in white.

good luck.

Sanjiva

Agent
I would second the Def Tech Procinema series for satellites as they come in white also and sound great for their size and price.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
You can get the nOrhs for $850 in ceramic or $1,600 for the white marble. But it really depends upon how much you would like to spend.

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the Mission FS2-AV. Flat panel speakers in white that are a cinch to mount anywhere. They sound surprisingly good too.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks