5.1 mini system for Games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Huber, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?p...19&languageid=1

Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my 2.1 speaker system to a 5.1 system.

I can get the above for 50 bucks and think that is a good deal. Anyone hear anything on this set?

Also, how is 5.1 in general with games? Is it worth it to upgrade? I know Doom3 and HL2 should be nice with it...

What do you guys think or have experienced on the matter?

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Tell the truth I haven't really found a PC game that does 5.1 really well. For 50 bones you really can't go wrong because it will get better as time goes on. Now if you're planing on using an Xbox on the system by all means take the extra speakers and enjoy. The sound really depends on how and where you set them up, don't expect these to fill a room with sound.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Look around for a used Energy Take 5 (or, if you don't need all 5 speakers an Energy Take 2) system. You won't find them for $50 but they're great little speakers that will even do music justice.

4. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    I say go for it.. ghost recon in 5.1 is great, because when someone starts shooting you can hear where the shooting is coming from, as opposed to just a direction indicator on screen. Splinter Cell was also cool in 5.1...