What's new

5.1 help (1 Viewer)

ScottMad

Auditioning
I need help on hooking up the xbox, to get 5.1. I have the reciever that plays it all. My component cable has a plug in for an adapter. So I have my optical cable in my reciever, then the other end goes into a adapter. The end of the adapter is just a gold pin that goes in the back of the component cable. But I am not getting 5.1 on anything. Is it the adapter? I don't understand how the gold pin can produce the optic cable signal? Do I need the HD pack? Or should I go out and buy the new Psyclone cables? The cables I am using now are the Monster cables made for the Xbox. Sorry if this is confusing, but believe me I am confused. Can somebody help me?

P.S. When I switch the settings on the Xbox to Dolby Digital, I just get a buzzing sound out of the speakers.

James T

Screenwriter
You're going to need an HD pack. You connect the optical wire from the reciever to the pack and then the pack to your Xbox.

Same with your video. Video cable to the HD pack and then HD pack to your Xbox.

RichardK

Second Unit
i am using the Psyclone cables, they work great. not sure what you have exactly and why it isnt working either...

ScottMad

Auditioning
I bought the HD pack and I still can't get 5.1. My DVD's are coming in fine with 5.1. I don't understand why it won't work.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Do you have a picture of the cables you're using? Your talking about a "gold pin" on an optical cable is throwing me.

Moving to Gaming Hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks