It took me one full month to finally output multi-channel decoding from my XBox. Turns out, all the Microsoft approved Monster cables, (major rip-off) when plugged in, still don't enable the XBox to display the needed audio options on the dashboard. It took sever Emails to "XBoxSupport" (unanswered) And two telephone conversations to XBox, before I finally found out that XBox says: "Don't buy the "Microsoft approved" Monster A/V cables. I went out and bought the much cheaper Microsoft A/V pack and a GE optic cable, and my receiver lit up like a Christmas tree! Ah, true 5.1! Now I'm actually using the XBox to it's potential. It only took a month of lousy support from XBox. I'm going to stay on the bandwagon however.