What's new

5.1 DTS for XBox (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
It took me one full month to finally output multi-channel decoding from my XBox. Turns out, all the Microsoft approved Monster cables, (major rip-off) when plugged in, still don't enable the XBox to display the needed audio options on the dashboard. It took sever Emails to "XBoxSupport" (unanswered) And two telephone conversations to XBox, before I finally found out that XBox says: "Don't buy the "Microsoft approved" Monster A/V cables. I went out and bought the much cheaper Microsoft A/V pack and a GE optic cable, and my receiver lit up like a Christmas tree! Ah, true 5.1! Now I'm actually using the XBox to it's potential. It only took a month of lousy support from XBox. I'm going to stay on the bandwagon however.

Ike

Screenwriter
Scott,

Good, but just a small correction-the X-Box is not DTS in game, but it will do it for movies. The X-Box in game is Dolby Digital 5.1 in game.

But glad you got it working, and welcome to the forum.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Scott, welcome to the forum. I can't imagine having to wait that long for help with the 5.1. You should have joined the forum sooner, and you would have found the help you needed. :emoji_thumbsup: (this fault with the Monster cables has been brought up long ago)
Do you have Halo? That game really sounds great, other than the fact that it doesn't use the center channel.
-Dan B.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Thanks a lot for the Halo suggestion. Looks a little to sci-fi. I'm sving my dough for the 2nd wave of games that will blow present ones away. Right now, I just enjoy my DVD's. Once in a while I'll rent something like a Max Payne.

My buddy posts here, and he just introduced me to the forum. This place rocks! Now I know where to come for some real support!

Later,

Ryan McLane

Auditioning
"I went out and bought the much cheaper Microsoft A/V pack and a GE optic cable, and my receiver lit up like a Christmas tree"

I've had the XBox for about a month now and have read the numerous postings about the lack of center channel activity. I currently have the Monster Cable A/V pack, and the center channel is hit and miss. Does downgrading to the Microsoft A/V pack correct the problem, or is this how it's supposed to be?

Thanks.

Gary King

Second Unit
Lack of center channel activity isn't a problem -- it's the way the software was written.

If your receiver detects a constant (not intermittent) Dolby Digital signal, the hardware is working fine.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Ryan--

Gary's right. Don't sweat the hardware or interconnects. I have about 10 Xbox games--some use the center channel, others don't so much. I don't find that atmosphere of those games any less enveloping, but it's a little weird, you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks