What's new

5.1 and stereo? (1 Viewer)

Scott Andrew

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so here is my goal and I'm not sure of the best way to do it. I have a brand new Pioneer 1014 and I have 4 brand new Athena BS2 surrounds, a brand new Athena ASC-1 centre channel, and two brand new cerwin vega clsc-12's. What I want to do is have the Athena's set up in surround mode and then have the cerwin's set up for just really loud music. So can I have the athena's in regular 5.1 and then have the two cerwin's hooked up for stereo mode? And if so would the cerwin's be speaker b?

James Phung

Second Unit
There isn't a "B" speaker on the 1014. However, you can use the rear surrounds as 2nd room instead. You would hook up your cv's to the rear surrounds and set those up to be the 2nd zone speakers. Your set up should work.

Scott Andrew

Stunt Coordinator
so then the cv's would be on rear surround and the athena's would go on the "mid-surround" as the rears in my 5.1 set-up?

James Phung

Second Unit
Yup. You will need to go into the setup and set the rear surrounds as 2nd room. There will be an option for rear surround set up where you can choose to use the surrounds to bi-amp the fronts, use as 2nd room, or normally as rear surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks