What's new

5.1/7.1 $500 System (1 Viewer)

Hi I'm new here and am looking to build a budget 5.1/upgradeable to 7.1 Sound System. The room I am putting it in is about 25 x 15, but only about 3/5 of it is going to be used for home theater. There is an overhang about 2 feet behind the seating position, which I think makes it perfect for 7.1, but I don't know if $500 will give me any options for 7.1

I'm looking at doing something like this:
Athena Point 5 ~ $150
Onkyo TR-SX503 ~$150
Dayton 12" Sub ~ $120
Total ~ $420

How do you think that system would sound???? I've tried to get the Point 5 system at Best Buy, but all of them in my area are all out within 50 miles or so. Can anyone suggest anything similar for around the same price range??? Thanks alot for any suggestions.

Ron Temple

Stunt Coordinator
Don't see how you can do much better for the dollars except for the Micras without the sub. It wouldn't work as well in your large room though.

MikeNg

Second Unit
I've heard the CP systems by HK and they seem to have a pretty good bang for the buck. You can get them refurb'ed at Harman Audio.

They also are selling these for possibly a little less on eBay. They'll also have the full warranty. Just make sure the seller is 'Harmanaudio'.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That system will sound pretty decent, but it won't fill that room. You can always add an extra 2 speakers down the road when you have a little more cash though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks