What's new

5.1.2 or 5.1.4 for my particular situation (1 Viewer)

DeltaCottonBoy12

Auditioning
Real Name
Walton
The Elac's have great reviews from what I can tell. The room will be 90% TV/ movie with a bit of music thrown it. I'm basically googling "front port" or "sealed" home theater bookshelf speakers and seeing what comes up. Plenty of old threads with similar questions pop up. They are good sources of info.

I will have a sub, so I do not think woofer size of the book shelf is nearly as important. Im trying to find that mid range and highs for my mains.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
The Elac's have great reviews from what I can tell. The room will be 90% TV/ movie with a bit of music thrown it. I'm basically googling "front port" or "sealed" home theater bookshelf speakers and seeing what comes up. Plenty of old threads with similar questions pop up. They are good sources of info.

I will have a sub, so I do not think woofer size of the book shelf is nearly as important. Im trying to find that mid range and highs for my mains.
I also tend to steer people away from Klipsch, though you could check out XTZ and RBH also at a similar price point.

DeltaCottonBoy12

Auditioning
Real Name
Walton
I picked up a set of Infinity r162's and the 263 center. The 162's sound great in my current setup, and the 3 way center really sounds nice. It's just too big for where it will be placed

Going to send the infinity's back and possibly order Elac's 2.0 6.2 and JBL Stage 130'S as well as the matching center to see how they sound. The infinity r162s have set the bar high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simkn-Hans