What's new

4th Of July Weekend? (1 Viewer)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
The 5th is our anniversary, so we are taking a long trip down to Key West Sunday-Thursday. It's nice to have the 4th the day before our anniversary. It means we get a free vacation day around our anniversary every year!

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I started out doing some yardwork this morning around 7. Did I wake the neighbors? Sorry. Drank a few beers. Cooking some bratwursts now. And a few more beers.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Man, I must have eaten like 6 chickens and half a cow on Saturday afternoon.

Ate non-stop from 5PM to 11PM. The key is to pace yourself and lay off the brew in favor of hard liquor - takes up less room.

Best BBQ ever.

Just had to share.

--
H

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I'm listening to a very ironic Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire right now. I had some fuggin' hot wings yesterday; that were absolutely incredible. The hottest but best I've ever had. I've paid for them twice, so far this morning. :angry:

StephenA

Screenwriter
Saturday evening I got drunk with my cousin and his girlfriend, and wish I hadn't because I paid for it all Saturday night and on Sunday. Yesterday I swam a little and watched the fireworks with my dog. Not exactly an exciting weekend.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
We had our little get-together on Saturday, which was apprently pretty smart as we were hit with some tremendous storms yesterday evening. All I have to show for Sat night is a puny little burn blister on my thumb...

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
The wife and I drove up to DC on Friday, hit a bunch of the sites, then drove back on the 4th. Stopped at IKEA in Springfield and bought some CD towers. Got home around 5 p.m. I ran up to the local theater and watched WoW while the wife and her sister went out to eat. We all got home around 8, in time for "A Capital 4th' on TV. In bed by 10, 'cause some of us still have to go to work...:)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Sat. Night Grilled Up some Bubba Burgers over a friends house who had never had a Bubba Burger. They Just loved them. After a few Rounds of Gotham Racing and a couple of Cool Refreshing Beverages we headed out to Braintree ( Ma) to watch some fireworks from the top of the Macys Parking Lot. Then Back to The house for more Cool refreshing Beverages. That naight ended at 3am

Sunday Back to my Buddys house 6PM for yet more rounds of gotham and more cool refreshing beverages. This time it was teriyaki Steak and a Lemon pepper Pork Loin. YUMMY then we were off to Randolph for another fire works display then over my friends neighbors for an after party with Burgers Dogs and some yummy crab cake Thingies. Night ended at 1:30am

Monday this was the day of rest and I/We needed it. Monday it was off to the Cape, Yarmouthport to be more exact to head down to my parents house for a day of R and R. We did nothing and I mean nothing. Had a couple of cool and refreshing beverages and that night we had BBQ jalapeno Chicken with Kielbasa.

The best part was going down the beach and watching the sunset over the cape. Day ended at 10:30

I got home and just fell into bed.

what a FN great weekend

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
We drank, We ate, We blowed stuff up real good.....with minimal casualties.....must be doing something wrong.

Me,my gf,her friend,2 kids, brother and his gf got into a accident on the way to see the fireworks. It wasn't our fault either. The police officer walked out in the middle of a big 4way intersection WITHOUT some reflective jacket, flashlight and started to direct traffic and the car in front of us slammed on her brakes to not hit him and we slammed on ours and eneded up hitting another guy. The other guy took off.(probably didn't have insurance)
Then the cop had a big attitude because he had to direct traffic when he could be spending time with his wife and kids. He didn't even turn on his lights when he arrived down the road to see if we were allright. He also called a local tow company to pick up the vehicle without asking us if we had our tow company we prefer. Almost forcing us to have the vehicle removed without seeing if we were able to move it ouselves.
There's just way too much to list here. He told people to shut up, called people names,etc.
Overall, that police officer handled the situation as if he was "teenage kid with a bb gun". Everyone filed a complaint on him today and tommorow.
Isn't being a police officer a 24/7 job? He complained because he should have been at home.

My 4th sucked ass. Can't wait till next year. I guess I have to wait 365 till we see some fireworks(unless we blow up a local gas station):frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks