What's new

4K Ultra Short Throw Projector (1 Viewer)

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I recently heard of the Hisense 4k ultra short throw projector. A 100" picture from about 4 inches away from the screen, 108" from a bit farther. It includes speakers and screen. $9,999.

Today I learned that Dell has something very similar, but without the speakers and screen for $5999.

I used to have a nice home theater with an Epson Pro Cinema projector and a 120" screen.
Moved and have no room for a home theater, but using the Epson on a stand projecting a 108" image on a neutral colored wall in my home office. It's not up to having a screen, but it is pretty good.

I'm salivating at the Dell laser 4k ultra low throw projector S718QL. Wonder how long before the price drops a bit.

Andrew M

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Melomet
Watch for possible announcements during CES. Optoma and BenQ showed demos at the last CES of 4K short throw prototypes.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
After thinking of Ulra Short Throw, I decided on a Sony VPLVW285ES 4K HDR. I'd prefer the 385, but decided that, for me, the difference between them doesn't warrant an extra $3,000. Coming Monday, true 4K, not e-shift.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
After thinking of Ulra Short Throw, I decided on a Sony VPLVW285ES 4K HDR. I'd prefer the 385, but decided that, for me, the difference between them doesn't warrant an extra $3,000. Coming Monday, true 4K, not e-shift.
An enviable congratulations !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks