1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

4K ULTRA HDTV with 1080p Blu-Ray player

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by WilliamMcK, Feb 12, 2018.

1. WilliamMcK

WilliamMcK Second Unit

Biff
    Hi,

I had to purchase a new TV this weekend (being delivered tomorrow). I bought a 4K ULTRA HD (Hisense 55" - yes, I'm on a budget) and I was thinking of getting a new 4K player to boot... however, there are very few movies that I'm interested in that have been released in 4K (I'm mostly interested in older titles from labels like Criterion, Twilight Time, Olive, Kino, etc.). So my question is will my 1080p blu-rays - played o

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Looks like your post is incomplete.

I'd just stick with the BR player you have, until you have more of a need and funds for a 4K player.

WilliamMcK likes this.
  3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Your Blu-ray player will work fine with your new 4K display, if that's what you are concerned about. The 1080p video signal from the BD player will be up converted to 4K by the display.

WilliamMcK likes this.
  4. WilliamMcK

WilliamMcK Second Unit

Biff
    Thanks everyone! And apologies for the incomplete original post... (not sure what happened there!) But you've answered my question!