What's new

UHD 4k Ultra HD Preorder Thread (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Isn't everyone assuming that just because it's 4K UHD it's going to be "better" than the Blu-ray? It could very well be the same transfer with HDR applied for all we know. I'll wait for reviews to come in before buying. Hopefully Robert Harris will have something to say about this release.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Isn't everyone assuming that just because it's 4K UHD it's going to be "better" than the Blu-ray? It could very well be the same transfer with HDR applied for all we know. I'll wait for reviews to come in before buying. Hopefully Robert Harris will have something to say about this release.

This is a big title for Warner, there will be no recycling of the old transfer that was not even up to standards in the Blu-ray era.

Prepare to see a new Blu-ray that looks very good and an HDR version that looks even better.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Warner will do this title right with this 4K/UHD disc. Plus, there will be reviews before the release date so assuming isn't going to hurt us at all.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

That's the one benefit from higher release day prices -- it gives me time to check out reviews while I wait for the price to drop.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is a big title for Warner, there will be no recycling of the old transfer that was not even up to standards in the Blu-ray era.

Prepare to see a new Blu-ray that looks very good and an HDR version that looks even better.

I'm sure this will be the case, but we've all been burned in the past and I'm not going to go on faith, ;)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure this will be the case, but we've all been burned in the past and I'm not going to go on faith, ;)

Me neither - at that price point I will pass at first. Warner is known to lower prices from time to time.

Now Ben-Hur (1959) at that price point (to name a half-realistic classic title) I probably could not resist to preorder as soon as it is announced :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
176102_front.jpg

173618_front.jpg

172858_front.jpg

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I heard "The Great Wall" had amazing 3D too. Oh well:(

Just because there's a 4K UHD release doesn't mean it won't get a 3D Blu-ray release as well. Only a couple of 4K titles have also included a 3D disc.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Just because there's a 4K UHD release doesn't mean it won't get a 3D Blu-ray release as well. Only a couple of 4K titles have also included a 3D disc.

Right. But usually when a movie is announced for UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD available for pre-order the chances tend to be slim for a studio to re-visit the title, and release the 3D at a later date. Star Wars TFA is the only one that I know of that did.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
All three official cuts of Dawn of the Dead (1978) have just been fully restored in 4K and are available in a spiffy new 6-disc box set from Koch Media in Italy. Only the Argento/Euro cut is actually on a UHD disc; the extended and theatrical cuts each have their own BD. Aside from a few of the extras it's fully English-friendly. There is also a slightly pared-down release, with 'only' four BDs: as well as the UHD disc, it loses a full frame/1.33:1 BD of the Euro cut.
It would appear fairly safe to assume this is a 100% 4K release – scanning, restoration and transfer – making it one of the few thus far not made from a 2K DI or featuring any upscaled effects.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81SPbFNo9BL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Unknown.jpeg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Bourne Ultimate Collection (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital HD)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks