What's new

3D 4k sets displaying 3D (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
I have been using a SONY 4K (XBR 75X910C) with my recent and "older" 3D movie purchases; when displaying 3D movies. though the back lighting is FAR from perfect, the lack of crosstalk has been super. Newer titles like THE WALK, COMMIN' AT YA, and PAN have not trace of crosstalk. Older titles like DIAL M FOR MURDER ( on my older set MURDER was really troublesome!) HOUSE OF WAX, and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, have been perfect. The crosstalk problem seems to be gone. I hope I have not jinxed myself by voicing my satifaction...but I always found crosstalk very distracting....Has anyone else notice 4K set have less crosstalk?

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Bob, I do not yet have a 4K TV, and I don't expect to own one for quite a while yet, but your observations here are helpful and interesting. Thank you for sharing this.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
bob kaplan said:
I have been using a SONY 4K (XBR 75X910C) with my recent and "older" 3D movie purchases; when displaying 3D movies. though the back lighting is FAR from perfect, the lack of crosstalk has been super. Newer titles like THE WALK, COMMIN' AT YA, and PAN have not trace of crosstalk. Older titles like DIAL M FOR MURDER ( on my older set MURDER was really troublesome!) HOUSE OF WAX, and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, have been perfect. The crosstalk problem seems to be gone. I hope I have not jinxed myself by voicing my satifaction...but I always found crosstalk very distracting....Has anyone else notice 4K set have less crosstalk?

I looked up this set and it seems to be Active Vision 3D Glasses and not Polarized. Is that correct?

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Yes.....I am using Samsung glasses ( ssg-5150 GB).....very light and do a great job with the SONY.....the set is active and nice bright picture.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
So, Active Vision Glasses, and you say "Commin' At Ya" has no ghosting? And the same for "Dial M for Murder" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks