What's new

4K HDMI switch or new AVR? (1 Viewer)

Gort69

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick Corley
Greetings, Earthlings - I come in peace.

I just bought a new 4K Blu-ray player. It has 2 HDMI outputs (Audio + Video and Audio Only) right now, I have to use both since my Denon AVR doesn't pass 4K. The audio out goes to the DVD input on the receiver and the A+V output goes directly to the 4K TV. I am only using a single HDMI input on the TV, and I really don't want to swap it over every time, so i think my options are:

• Use a 4K HDMI switch and let the universal remote control the switch (or auto-switch)
  • Wrestle my 4K TV around to get to a second HDMI input, remote still would choose appropriate input
  • Buy a 4K receiver - I'm perfectly happy with the audio of my current Denon, but it's long in the tooth

Given the venue here, I wonder how the suggestions will go?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Greetings, Earthlings - I come in peace.

I just bought a new 4K Blu-ray player. It has 2 HDMI outputs (Audio + Video and Audio Only) right now, I have to use both since my Denon AVR doesn't pass 4K. The audio out goes to the DVD input on the receiver and the A+V output goes directly to the 4K TV. I am only using a single HDMI input on the TV, and I really don't want to swap it over every time, so i think my options are:

• Use a 4K HDMI switch and let the universal remote control the switch (or auto-switch)
  • Wrestle my 4K TV around to get to a second HDMI input, remote still would choose appropriate input
  • Buy a 4K receiver - I'm perfectly happy with the audio of my current Denon, but it's long in the tooth

Given the venue here, I wonder how the suggestions will go?
Your 4K TV should have more than one HDCP2.2 compliant HDMI input, so why I do not really see a reason for getting an HDMI switcher. The universal remote should be able to be programmed to also change the HDMI input on the TV, too. This would be the least expensive option.

Also, now is a good time to upgrade to a new receiver, as many of last year's models are on clearance to make room for the new models.

For example, the newer Denon AVR-X2600H sells for $649, while the previous year model AVR-X2500H is selling for $349. Specs are almost identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks