What's new

4k Bluray player (1 Viewer)

Nevakonaza

Auditioning
Real Name
Shane Johnson
Good morning
:)

Been thinking about getting a 4k Bluray player for a while now to go with my QLED Samsung QE55Q6FAM.

Not really after a high end one, doesn't even have to have smart features I don't see the point in YouTube etc on a player when it's built into the TV anyway, so a standard 4k bluray player should do, my max budget I'd spend up to £140.
i think the only requirement is HDR10..as I'm sure my TV supports this.
I'm currently using xbox one for a bluray player which is fine but I'd like a dedicated player
:)

Appreciate the suggestions (if any)
:D

Cheers

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hi Shane!

Welcome to the forum.

I tend to like the Panasonic 4k players. This one is on Amazon for $200 (the price in the widget below is wrong). It has mixed reviews so take the time to read them.

Many people here who are seriously into 4k go for the more expensive Panasonic units but it doesn't sound like you want to go that route.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hello!

Honestly, the XBox One is probably better than most entry level standalone players. It even supports Dolby Vision now. I know you said you want a dedicated player but thought I would mention that.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hello!

Honestly, the XBox One is probably better than most entry level standalone players. It even supports Dolby Vision now. I know you said you want a dedicated player but thought I would mention that.

That's an excellent recommendation I had not thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks