What's new

4K Blu-ray player with Dolby Vision (1 Viewer)

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I'm interested in buying one at a reasonable price. Any suggestions? Thanks.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
There are only two options...

Oppo 203 ($550) and LG UP970 ($250)...

There have been no other official announcements... Although lots of rumors...

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
My new LG player buzzes but I ordered the twice as expensive (although I know I will love it) Oppo 203 from ABT Electronics! Sorry I didn't see the earlier post!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My Philips 7502 UHD player finally got its promised Dolby Vision update today, so now I can see the few (though increasingly numerous) Dolby Vision-capable UHD releases for myself.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
And he still can't watching DV disks oh his $6k Sony 940e that he bought in March of 2017 =/
...and he's so upset that he cannot even type correctly! ;) Hang in there, Sam -- hopefully your firmware updates are coming soon.

I'm not fully Dolby Vision capable yet, either -- my Vizio display supports the format, but my Sony X800 player never will. It really hasn't been a big deal for me so far, but the release of Saving Private Ryan in a couple of months may be the push I need to upgrade my player and move the Sony to our bedroom.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
My Philips 7502 UHD player finally got its promised Dolby Vision update today, so now I can see the few (though increasingly numerous) Dolby Vision-capable UHD releases for myself.

After seeing your post I looked into this player and found that Sam's Club(online) sells it but it's labeled as 7302 model. I was looking for a DV capable unit for my bedroom TV and I'm going to give it a try.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After seeing your post I looked into this player and found that Sam's Club(online) sells it but it's labeled as 7302 model. I was looking for a DV capable unit for my bedroom TV and I'm going to give it a try.
Yes, it's the same player. Sam's club/Costco have a different model number, but it's the same player. Sometimes those players come with an included HDMI cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks