What's new

49txi MCACC FEATURE AND OUTBROAD AMPS (1 Viewer)

SavoyR

Agent
Hi does anyone know if the mcacc feature works if using outboard amps. so one told me that this feature works only when the speakers are connected to the receiver?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
That's not true, there are many people on this and the 49tx forum that use external amps and the MCACC feature. I don't right now but hopefully soon will add some. MCACC is a mic and software; you connect the mic the software emits a bunch of test tones. The mic picks up the tones sends to the receiver where the software analayzes the sounds from the mic and compares it to the original and adjusts accordingly. It doesn't matter whether the amps are onboard or not.

Daniel Smith

SavoyR

Agent
thanks daniel actually it was Pioneer's customer support that told me that, by any chance do you know if the control out feature will act like a 12 volt trigger and power up my external amps?

BobRoulier

Second Unit
by any chance do you know if the control out feature will act like a 12 volt trigger and power up my external amps?
I spoke with pioneer customer service and they said you cannot use the control out for a trigger unfortunately:frowning:
I use a parasound 2205 with the 49tx and I have re calibrated several times and never a problem with mcacc!
Bob

SavoyR

Agent
thanks Bob I spoke to Pioneer's customer service also those guys have know clue as to what is going on

Brae

Supporting Actor
Hehe, I actually called them the day before yesterday and I, too, got the feeling they were not very confident in what they were saying. They certainly were not studdering or pausing, but I found that they managed to passively qualify their statements to provide NO definitive answers.

BTW, I do not have a 49TX.

Brae

Supporting Actor
I knew I was going to forget to ask something!

For those of you using the MCACC feature of the Elites with an external amplifier, what setting do you lpace your amp(s) on when running the MCACC? I assume the receiver has no means to actually control gain/volume diff on the amp, only trigger it on/off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks