49TX & Speaker setup ?/problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PeterKuhlman, Aug 29, 2002.

1. PeterKuhlman

PeterKuhlman Extra

Aug 6, 2002
    I have a new Pioneer Elite 49TX and initially am just using 2 speakers until I get my kit cabinets veneered. Even though I have all the surround speakers set to off and the subwoofer set to off with the front speakers set to large I am not getting full bass output. The lower frequencies are being rolled off. I used the MCACC? to setup the speakers. What I found was the speaker setup had the rolloff set at 120hz and when I changed it to 50hz most of the bass returned. What I don't understand is why the bass is being cutoff when I am telling it there is no sub and that it is full range. If I select the direct function from the receiver menu I get full range normal sound. Is there a sub setting I am missing?
    Pete in Louisiana
  2. Larry Becker

Larry Becker Agent

Jun 7, 2002
    I did the same thing when I first got my 49tx. I was planning to wait 6 months or so until the budget recovered before I got decent speakers. I didn't last even a month.

I would think that going stereo or direct would be your only option now. Certainly anything THX has an 80hz crossover built into the spec so just by selecting it you get that whether you want it or not. It's just a part of the deal.

Why would you want to use another dsp? I think they rely on multiple speakers to create whatever effects they are trying to produce. Stereo or direct is probably what you get to use with two speakers.

I didn't even try to use MCACC until I had all 7.1 speakers hooked up.