What's new

49TX and no bass management (1 Viewer)

Mark Yatchak

Agent
I understand the 49TX offers bass management. I must be missing something. I have looked in the manual and on this board for info and haven't seen anything in regards to setup. I can't find bass management anywhere in the menu. Is this feature set automatically by the receiver and not accessible by the user? Is the feature only working during DVD-A and SACD playback? While were at it, what exactly does bass management do?

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Bass management really just allows you to adjust the crossover levels for the sub at the receiver, and also usually gives you the option of line level outs, or speaker level so you can choose between the crossover in the receiver or sub. If it is a THX certified receiver, I don't believe you have any user adjustable options if the mains are set to small. The crossover is fixed at 80 hz.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
To get bass management on the Multi Ch Input, you need to run the MCACC Acoustic Calibration then after that press Multi Ch Input button either on the receiver or on the remote twice and you will select Multi Ch Adjust (if you press it once you get the direct mode) which uses the MCACC on the analog inputs and applies bass management to the incoming analog signal. If you want to change the crossover freq for your sub then with the remote select "System Setup" then select "Surround Setup" then select speaker systems and if your speakers are all THX Cert select "Manual THX" otherwise select "Manual Free" then scroll down until you come to a screen that says "Crossover" and there you can choose to make it either 50Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz, or 200Hz.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks