49tx and multizone ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BobRoulier, Oct 2, 2002.

1. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

I am running my 49tx and parasound 2205 in my ht and using the mulitzone in several rooms with in wall/ceiling speakers and volume controls I plan of using a switcher box so I can continue to use only two channels from the parasound and run multiple speakers on the second zone. My question is can I apply a sub to one or more of the rooms with the current setup? I didn't notice this in the manual I was hoping someone has had some experience with this could help me

Thanks Bob

2. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

the 49tx does have to sub outputs but it would only play what is being played in the main room. By the way I was theinking about getting the 2205 or 1205 for my 49tx how does the sound compare to the internal amps, did you notice a big difference? What kind of speakers do you have in your main room and are they also connected to your 2205?

Daniel Smith

3. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Daniel, I have paradigm studio 100s and yes I am using the parasound to drive them in my ht! I compared the two( receiver and amp) with the 100s a noticeable difference in bass, obviously more power and an improvement in sound stage and depth. I did have shutdowns with the 49tx and 100s at about -10 so Iam glad I have the amp[​IMG]
    If I were you I would consider the new ps audio digital amp that retails for $1695 It got an "A" rating in stereophile
    I talked with a rep yesterday regarding it and he said I would notice quite a difference over the parasound even though its only 150wpc. They offer a 30 home trial no hassle policy[​IMG] If I go with the ps audio I may unload my 4 month old mint condition 2205[​IMG]
    Bob

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

to add a sub to the second zone simply route all speaker level wires though the cross over on the back of the sub then onto the in ceiling speakers. You'd then have both cross over control on the back of the sub. If you used some nice wall plates you could make the in coming and out going wires terminate nicely and then simply run wires to the back of the sub if needed or short the approp. wires at the terminal box to by pass the sub

5. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I've got a 49TX and have never done multi-zone before, but I just re-did my wiring and found it was really easy to run wiring to my dining rooms. So, if I find a nice set of good quality small speakers (NHT?) on sale, I'm planning on picking them up and doing an install.

Question - This receiver can route one source to the second zone (like a CD player) while still doing a movie or something in 7.1 in the main theater right? That shouldn't be an issue, right? (forgive me - I really don't know much about multi-zone.)

6. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

7. Dave E H

8. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Dave, thats a good ? I am not sure if this would work I will have to try it myself, maybe someone else can else can answer this one. I have a funny feeling that the receiver will read a digital signal from the cd/dvd player no matter what [​IMG]
    Bob

9. Dave E H

10. BobRoulier

BobRoulier Second Unit

Dave, give it a shot hook up you fronts to the multiroom connections and you can use that to see if your source will work, it will save you from running from room to room[​IMG]
    let me know if it works cause I can benefit from it too
    Thanks Bob