49 Up on TV in Britain Thursday Sept. 15th and 22nd

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Vickie_M, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

I stumbled on this article in the UK Guardian about 49 Up.

A poignant, human drama in the era of Celebrity Shark Bait

There are some spoilers in that article, though it doesn't tell anything about Neil.

All the "Ups" since 28 have been released in the theater in the US, but I see no release date on IMDB. If anyone knows or hears of a release date please post it.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Is it that time already? Sweet. Absolutely adore these series of documentaries. I love the concept, I love that ITV have been keeping it up after so long, I love that the people are still willing to participate (with a few exceptions of course). Completely gripping television.

They're all available on DVD here in the US if anyone wants to 'catch up' on the people.

3. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    49 Up. Or if you prefer, 50 minus ONE! [​IMG]

I hope the people that decided to drop out eventually decide to come back even if it's just for a brief update. We just want to know roughly how well they're doing, not necessarily know every single detail of their lives.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I've watched the first episode of this, got the second sitting at home to catch up on. It's great seeing these familiar faces again, it's great to see how & where they are in their lives. This 'set' focuses a lot on the direct families of the group, how their lives have changed by having grandkids, whether their expectations for their kids have been met etc.

Not that I've seen, and of course Neil is kept for the very last segment. One cast member states quite clearly that this will be the last one they participate in.

By the way, I know an American version was started in the 90s. Is it time yet for it to have an update?