480P from xbox?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BrianEK, Mar 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

I just bought xbox and have rainbow six 3 which supports 480P. I told my xbox my tv will support 480P and 1080I in the dashboard. But how do I make sure I am running 480P during the game? With my PS2 I have to change to progressive inside the game settings. But in rainbow six I could not find anything that would change to progressive mode. Does xbox do this automatically?

2. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

brian you have to enable 480p 720p and 1080i in the xbox dashboard under video..you must have an AV pack connected to access this option in the dashboard though..I'm assuming your using the MS high def. pack for your TV? I know on my hdtv on the high def input you cannot use an interlaced signal..the dashboard is interlaced..I had to use my non-HD component inputs on my TV so that I could see the dashboard to make the changes in the xbox dashboard..

3. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

yep, I did everything you said dave. I got the hdtv, w/ hd av pack and turned on 480p and 1080i in dashboard. my component inputs can do an interlaced signal so i can still see the dashboard. so then here's a question: If I am playing Enter the Matrix(which supports both 480P and 1080I)...will xbox automatically switch to the highest resolution I told the dashboard my tv supports(1080i)?

4. Tony_I

Tony_I Stunt Coordinator

The xbox will output the highest resolution setting you enable in the dashboard. So, for ETM, since the game supports 1080i, the game will run in 1080i.

A nice game to show off 1080i, would be MX Unleashed. (a motocross game) With that said, some games that run in 480p, will still look better than these games that run in 1080i. (since they use simple textures to reach that high of a resolution)