4802 Owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas P., Jan 12, 2003.

1. Thomas P.

Thomas P. Stunt Coordinator

Hi everybody...I hooked up an HD tuner and a DVD player to the component video in on the 4802, and the s video out to the monitor but no OSD. I have triple checked everything and it is hooked up right. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Thomas P.

Well, I found a solution. I ran a coaxial out from the Denon to the monitor in and it worked I have OSD. I'd still be interested as to why it stopped working, though.

3. Ammon

Ammon Stunt Coordinator

If the only thing going out to the monitor was the single s-video, that may be the problem. I have the 4802 and I do know that it does not do video up-conversion like the 5803 or 3803. However, I don't think either of them do any sort of down-conversion (component to s-video signal). But I may be wrong. I currently have hooked up my DVD and Xbox to the receiver and a component out to the monitor (Input 3) as well as an s-video out to the monitor (Input 1). I have my DirecTV going through S-video so I switch my TV to Input 1 for watching DirecTv and from there I can get the OSD. I would hook the monitor out of the receiver with component and also have an s-video going to your monitor. Hope that helps!

4. Thomas P.

Thanks.

5. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Auditioning

Thomas,

You might check if you had the s-video cable connected to Monitor-2. O.S.D. is only output through Monitor-1.

David

6. Thomas P.

Thanks David. I did that to no avail. I deduced it must be the Sony. Called Sony CS and they sais it must be defective. I lugged the darn thing back to the store and exchanged it...voila, still no s video display. I'm baffled. I called and arranged for tech to come out. I now have the moving vertical white band problem, too.