What's new

48 Hours anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Region one is NOT anamorphic. It was a really early Paramount release (1998), before they'd really embraced DVDs (just like Titanic). In the last five years they've done it right, with just about everything in its proper ratio and anamorphic.

H

Hank

I wish Paramount would remaster 48hrs in 16:9, I recorded this a couple of weeks ago on HBO-HD and it was great, way better than the current DVD.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The cheap 48 HRS./Another 48 HRS. double feature was recently released and I looked at the back cover scan and it says that 48 HRS. is "Widescreen Version Enhanced for 16:9 TVs"!

Before I rush to get this, can anyone confirm that it is accurate or is this like all of those Fox double-feature discs that have numerous text errors on their specs grids that say "anamorphic" but are not (e.g., The Edge, Great Expectations, Rising Sun)?

Nick Shookla

Agent
Real Name
Nick Shookla
This was posted by a fellow named dvd_luver over at the dvdtalk forums on 4/24:

He also goes on to say that the trailers from the original discs were dumped. I can't personally vouch for this, but I'd thought I'd throw this info out there anyway...

Haden

Supporting Actor
I assume there's still no plans for a 48 Hours special edition? I hate buying a cheap double-pack just to get an anamorphic version of the first film. I'm surprised the studio hasn't put out something better by now, given the age of the original DVD release. They should have capitalized on Murphy's Oscar buzz when they had the chance and promoted some of his best classic films with new releases.

EDIT:
Actually, now that I think of it we are getting new releases of Trading Places and Coming to America. I guess the studio forgot about this one. :frowning:

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Yes, the new Double Feature disc is anamorphic but there are no extras whatsoever on either film. Strictly bare-bones. Not a biggie to me but some may balk. Buyer beware.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Or perhaps the "Your Worst F***ing Nightmare Edition".

Or maybe the "Gettin' Some Trim Edition"?

More:

Gets Hard When the Wind Blows Edition
Experience My Bulls**t Edition
Put Down and Kept Down Edition
Too F***ing Stupid to Have a Job Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks