What's new

47wx49 @ $1699 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed that it is athttp://www.ibmega.com/ for $1699.95. Shipping to me is $82 which is excellent for an item of this size. They are an authorized internet dealer that is linked from Panasonics page. I don't want to buy online but maybe Sears will pricematch?
Ryan
------------------
[Edited last by Ryan Pream on July 10, 2001 at 11:01 PM]

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Ryan,
Good stuff. I'm waiting for for feedback on this set but this price looks great. Let us know if you find a cheaper price. :)

john harshman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
john
i found this tv for 1690 shipped?
just go to yahoo and punch in:
panasonic 47wx49
i should be the first match
sales.yahoo/salesstore.........
some address like that but shipping to me was $15.00 could this be true. who cares print it off and take it to sears
good luck

Luis S

Supporting Actor
It might not intrest you guys, but just to give you or anyone else a heads up,the toshiba 40H80 has dropped to
$1648 at Best Buy!So anyone who favors the tosh might want to check it out.
Luis S.

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
I just went into my Best Buy to see if they had the 47WX49 on display. No luck. I noticed they had a scratched and beat up 40H80 floor model for $1899. Talk about a rip!
I checked out the $1600 yahoo site. With the $174 shipping it comes out only $7 cheaper then IBmega. The only "gotcha" with Sears is they use the term "Established Online Retailer". I'm afraid they will use this to to say they won't pricematch. On their website they have a very limited list of established online retailers. Since IBmega is on Panasonics site just above Sears, I think they are the best chance.
Ryan
[Edited last by Ryan Pream on July 14, 2001 at 09:38 PM]

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen this set at a better price than the $1600 at yahoo?
I'm also aiming for a Sears price match and I need to drive that price down. :)

Brian Mello

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I finally was successful with a price match at Sears (Cumberland Mall) on this set. The salesman did it without the Manager, they also had 12 months no interest deal this past Sat and it took less than 5 minutes. I couldn't get the extra 10% for opening a Sears account but I was tired of running around town. I felt like a dumba$$ because I gave him the $1,699 "Panasonic Authorized Dealer" price from IB_Mega and he would have taken the $1,600 price or any other price I could have found. He didn't even ask about delivery from the online e-tailer being factored in. Nonetheless, I still feel $1,699 is an excellent price since everyone else in town is selling it for $1,999. Now I just have to wait until August 8th to get it. If anyone in Atlanta wants the name of this salesman for a pricematch, drop me an e-mail.

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Come on guys how low of a price do you want to find. I am interested in this set and have printouts ready to take to Sears but $1600 for a 47" tv, what else do you want?
My only hesitation is the 43" 16:9 Hitachi which Sears will also carry. However, not many people know much about these sets yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks