What's new

47" Panasonic at Best Buy for $1850, any one have this? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
HDTV's are finally getting affordable, and I may be getting one soon. I want to stay under $2500 for the set and a progressive scan DVD player.
BB has a new 47" panasonic model for $1850. I looked at the floor model yesterday, it looked pretty good. The convergence was horrible, and i didnt tweak anything, but the picture had definite potential.
So whats the scoop on this set? Good value for the money, or should I look elsewhere?
Jeff Peake

Richard Watt

Agent
Not sure if there are Electronic's Express stores elsewhere, but here in Nashville the 47" Panasonic 16:9 is going for $1699.

Tracy B

Auditioning
Sounds like a great deal to me. Your $2500 budget is easily maintainable. I picked up the 47" Panny for $1950 a couple months ago. Just got a Panny RP56 progressive scan DVD for $236 (totally thrilled with it so far). Throw in another $65 for a set of really good component video cables. You should have enough left over for a great surround sound system.
The 47" and the RP56 are giving me a DVD picture that is truly cinema quality - un-believable!! Could not be happier with the combo.
The Panny is an EXCELLENT set - especially for watching DVD's. However - it does take a bit of tweaking out of the box. Many step-by-step instructions on the net on how to optomize this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks