47" Panasonic at Best Buy for $1850, any one have this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Peake, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

HDTV's are finally getting affordable, and I may be getting one soon. I want to stay under $2500 for the set and a progressive scan DVD player.
    BB has a new 47" panasonic model for $1850. I looked at the floor model yesterday, it looked pretty good. The convergence was horrible, and i didnt tweak anything, but the picture had definite potential.
    So whats the scoop on this set? Good value for the money, or should I look elsewhere?
    Jeff Peake

2. Richard Watt

Richard Watt Agent

Not sure if there are Electronic's Express stores elsewhere, but here in Nashville the 47" Panasonic 16:9 is going for $1699.

3. Tracy B

Tracy B Auditioning

Sounds like a great deal to me. Your $2500 budget is easily maintainable. I picked up the 47" Panny for $1950 a couple months ago. Just got a Panny RP56 progressive scan DVD for $236 (totally thrilled with it so far). Throw in another $65 for a set of really good component video cables. You should have enough left over for a great surround sound system.
    The 47" and the RP56 are giving me a DVD picture that is truly cinema quality - un-believable!! Could not be happier with the combo.
    The Panny is an EXCELLENT set - especially for watching DVD's. However - it does take a bit of tweaking out of the box. Many step-by-step instructions on the net on how to optomize this set.