What's new

46th Annual Grammy Awards (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Not a big fan of awards shows, but most of this one on the ReplayTV. I was surprised by how much of it I enjoyed:

- Prince and Beyonce opening. One musicians extremely talented and legendary and the other very nice to look at (you can choose which is which).

- Andre's exceptance speech.

- Funk tribute: Earth, Wind & Fire, George Clinton, Big Boi, Samuel L Jackson, etc

- Sarah McLaughlin with Alisson Krauss

- Foo Fighters with Chick Corea

- Lifetime achievement acknowledgements to Sonny Rollins and Artie Shaw.

- Warren Zevon tribute

- Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce!

- OutKast

- Justin Timberlake w/ Arturo Sandoval
(Timberlake's music was surprisingly not bad)

I'm glad but not surprised that OutKast gets the acknowledgements. I generally don't care who wins, but I found it interesting that Metallica, Radiohead, Steely Dan, 50 Cent and Jay-Z were barely or not nominated (though Metallica and Radiohead when non-aired awards).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I just read that Prince opened. I missed it, but I'd have watched if I'd known he would perform :frowning:

Anyone know where I could see (or hear) a clip from his bit with Beyonce??

Take care,
Chuck

DaveMcS

Second Unit
Ditto...
I've been searching far and wide for a clip of Purple Rain with Prince and Beyonce..to no avail.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm still screaming over that commercial about the pirates. It looks like a clear case of 'stealing' music, rather than getting an illegal copy.

Glenn

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How about Jason Alexandra (i.e. George Costanza) making the joke about being married to Britney Spears. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks