What's new

45tx vanishing fast... help. (1 Viewer)

Will^B

Grip
Well after deciding on buying it i have been looking on websites most of this week for the best deal and an actual website i can trust...

Well after not trusting the in stock things, i have called quite a few places, and the ones i haven't called have it listed as back order..

Well I have turned up 100% discontinued and most places try and sell me the 53 or 55...

Does anyone know a reputable site that still have the 45tx in stock? I'm dying here I refuse to buy the 55tx lol...

I am willing to pay between 700-850 (Was only planning on around 700 but im getting despirate and willing to tack on another 150 just to get this purchase over with so i can move on to other things)

HELP PlEASE~!!! :angry:

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Check ebay. There is a person on their out of NJ that has been selling them consistantly with a buy it now price of $745ish.

My friend went through the same thing you are and it drove him nuts. Crazy Eddie took the order online and didn't tell him he couldnt get it till 2 weeks later. I told him about the ebay person and thats where he got his.

Will^B

Grip
Thanks kevin, I will give them a ring when i get home in a little bit.

As for the ebay guy do you remember the name?

And does buying it on ebay null the warranties as you can't verify if its new or not till you get it and all.

Will^B

Grip
Well the one you were speaking of, with buy it now for 745 aren't getting anymore in.. but they do have an amazingly fast email reply CSR lol. If I had more money would probly just buy 55 off them.

And I don't think i'd be willing to buy a for sure opened box from some random person...

There is a place in town with 45 but they want the MSRP 1200 which is stupid since its being replaced and the company isn't shipping anymore...

I'm dying here lol.

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
Where are you physically located Will^B? The store down the street has/had one they'll sell for no more than $650+tax~$698, but it was the display model.

Will^B

Grip
Wilmington, NC.

Well I found someone selling that seems reliable on ebay, only problem is, the warranty sheets are with the product in the box, but it states something about having to have baught from an authorized dealer..

If something were to happen how much of a hassle would it be to get pioneer to accept it if i were to say, i got it as a gift and not sure where it was purchased, saying i filled out the sheets etc...?

Or will they not accept non authorized dealers in any way..?

greg_t

Screenwriter
Pioneer states that it will not honor the warranty if purchased from an un-authorized seller, especially for Elite products. This includes legitimate online retailers. Elite products are not authorized to be sold online. Now, whether or not pioneer would actually deny you service if purchased from an unauth seller is another question. I'm sure that there have been persons who have bought from unauthorized dealers who got service, and some who were refused. You basically just take a chance and hope you get a good unit if you buy un-authorized. I'd be real concerned with buying one on ebay and do some real homework on the seller.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Don't many of these legitimate and reputable but not necessarily "authorized" dealers offer their own warranty? I think most of them do. I would still ask and get a verbal and a written warranty matching Pioneers standard warranty. I think I would also insist that the warranty did at least match the factorys. If I wanted somthing bad enough, I could easily live with this "unathorized" guarantee of repair if somthing went wrong. After all, who's to say that a factory repair would be any better than any other repair. As a matter of fact, if one of these unauthorized dealers reputation has been built on customer satisfaction, it would stand to reason that they are very selective of the repair facilities they use. Lack of customer care can't be kept secret, especially if your primary sales are over the internet.

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe you just have a little tunnel vision for the 45tx, the 53tx is the exact same thing minus the usb (useless, regular stereo rca can be used) and minus the rs232 or whatever it is (I have looked and cant find anywhere that Pioneer has ever made use of it for the 45tx or any other model for that mater. Now that its discontinued...) however the 53tx adds onscreen display thru the component video. The warranty on a new 53tx is a lot more important than the above "features", but on the other had, chances are it will never be needed either.

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
It is a possibility that Pioneer can use the RS232 on the 45tx to upgrade PL2 to PL2x now that it's been released. Dolby said the upgrade is easy to accomplish and it's being looked into by just about all companies right now. The Dolby website shows that Pioneer is looking into their Motorola chips for this very reason. I think that the Melody chips on the 49tx already have a solution being created. (All info. per Dobly site)

Will^B

Grip
USB is quite important to me, as I am a computer guy and if i ever upgrade down the road to something crazy it can be used to power my computer speakers in my spare room.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Will, have you tried?

http://soundpros.com/pioneer_elite_home.cfm

I had a friend buy some stuff from them and they were very friendly and very fast.
They also state that they will cover the warranty if they cannot fnd a service center for you. (at the web-site click on "company" for the details)

They want like $745 for the 53tx

Or check here
http://downtownaudio.com/pioneer.html

they seem to have both the 45 and 53. The 53 is $6 cheaper!

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
if i ever upgrade down the road to something crazy
IMHO powering computer speakers with such a fine piece of equipment as an ELITE AVR is a bit xtreme. If your that serious into your computer multimedia needs check out Klipsch.com under Multimedia, and find the upcoming ProMedia™ Ultra 5.1 system (looks to be VERY impressive, down to 25hz and up to 115dB at listening position:D ) Anyhow.. don’t fret and good luck with your quest. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks