45tx owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Odegard, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Matt Odegard

Matt Odegard Stunt Coordinator

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, just order my 45tx today should be here thursday or friday=)

Have you seen a difference in signal when hooking your pro-scan dvd, xbox and HD box to the 45tx for video switching? I know it only has two HD inputs, but will I loose image quality? Just wondering before I go out to buy the component cable for the 45 to tv. Save myself some doe if needed.

BTW, any where online to buy good yet cheap component cables? I checked out bettercables.com but they seemed to be right up in price range with monster.
  2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Aug 8, 2002
    I'm having the same question so I hope you get reply's. I'm going to get my HD cable box this weekend and I wondering whether Ishould run it straight to the TV or switch it thru the reciever.

those cable aren't cheap. Hell Radio Shack was asking $40 for a set 12ft long. The way I'm thinkingI'll need 3 sets.

1. Cable box to the 45
    2. DVD to the 45
    3. 45 to the TV

Expensive. I guess I could go with 2 sets if I eliminate the 45 for the equation.

The 45 should switch with no signal degradation - it has 40 MHz + or - 3 MHz. Same as the 49. So, I've been told that is good enough.