What's new

45TX input question...WTH is up with how these are arranged? (1 Viewer)

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
I am a bit confused...well sort of.

I have my DVD player component direct to the back of my TV for a direct feed. For two reasons...I only have one cable until my Rhinocables get shipped today, and I am not sure it would look the same as routed through the receiver.

To the receiver I have a VCR, PS2, and Dreamcast all running through S-video, then leaving the receiver via S-video to the other input on the back of my TV.

The problem I am getting is... my Dreamcast is hooked up in the 45TX's DVD/LD input bank through S-video...while my DVD player's bitstream audio is hooked up via Digital Coax. When I use the DVD player the audio cancels out on the dreamcast and if I remember correctly so does the video. BUT when I turn off the DVD player I get the dreamcast back with full audio and video.

This poses a few problems more. I have an input that uses two sources and depending on which is on you get to hear/see which is being used.

1. Once I connect the DVD player to the Component ins on the receiver...will the dreamcast cease to function all together? Or will it still work as long as the DVD player is off?

2. Since tow sources are runnning to the same NAMED input on the receiver back, but via different connections... I can't NAME a source as "Dreamcast" or "DVD" seperately...???

3. I tried my video cam via S-video throgh the front inputs...and that all is visible and audible when you select "VIDEO" input on the remote or receiver dial. BUT is there a way to ASSIGN the Dreamcast to use this function instead of the DVD/LD as the real DVD player does?

if this is confusing...believe me...it's harder to articulate than it is to understand once you see what's going on...

For ease of use by my wife and anyone else, like me for that matter, it get's confusing when things are not labeled accordingly and even more confusing if I can't use on of the inputs unless something is wired to the front of the receiver.

ugh...hope this mish mash of words and garbled description does make everyone shy away from trying to tackle this question. :b

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I believe that if you connect your dvd player with component you should still get the dreamcast but when the dvd player is turned off. I believe this is called component switching. You'd should only label the "video" input dreamcast if you have the dreamcast plugged into that input.

2. You can't name by video connection, you can't say dvd is connected via component so receiver if you detect a component signal from the dvd/ld input than display DVD on the front panel but if you detect s-video connection then I want you to go ahead and dislpay DREAMCAST on the front panel, sorry your receiver can't do that. On the 49TX you have three component input but they aren't assigned to anything so they can be whatever you want they should also do this for s-video and composite and that would solve your problem. Some high end pre/pro's do this I think the Parasound C1 and C2 does but I might be wrong.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks