What's new

45tx help needed!!!!!! no sound from satellite (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I was watching satellite with sound coming through the receiver when my dog stepped on the remote for the satellite. Now I am not getting any digital sound from the satellite. Sound is ok straight thru the tv & from the vcr (analog) but not running straight from the satellite receiver to the receiver via optical cable. Any ideas....need help ASAP

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Drag out the owners manual for the satellite receiver (after making sure the dog didn't also pull out the optical cable) and find out how to re-enable the digital output on the sat receiver.

If you've lost the manual, try posting the make and model of the sat box and maybe someone here with the same box will be able to answer your question.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ask the dog.

What listening mode are you in? There's a good chance you are in stereo mode. What happens if you put it in auto detect? Have you checked your settings on both the receiver and sat receiver?

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I checked everything. No cable were loose. The settings on the receiver were not changed - everything in "auto". I don't know what happened, but afer playing around for a while, I finally got sound from the satellite. I don't know what happened.....I had sound, then I didn't have any. Seems ok now.....thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks