What's new

4400 Season Three (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Why? Because you don't happen to like it? There's nothing wrong with not liking it at all. Just don't watch it then. No reason to wish for its demise as there are plenty that do happen to enjoy it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay. I think my only problem is that I don't quite know who to root for on this show, so it makes the developments ungrounded, and leaves me ambivalent at times.

So, will it be renamed the 11,000 next season? :)

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
I started watching the series this summer after watching "unlocking the secrets". I enjoyed it very much. The story progresses at a very good rate, other shows could certainly take a clue from the 4400.

I thought the finale was pretty terrific! Very exciting. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of a certain character.

I'm surprised no one identified Tippi Hedren (The Birds, Marnie) as the old Lilly earlier in the season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That's part of what makes the show sublime, for me. I personally don't find the developments ungrounded, because I'm invested in all of the characters. Some I love to hate (Ryland, Isabelle) whereas my allegiances shift among the others constantly. Just like real people they make decisions I support and decisions I don't. Usually the show takes the time to show the motivations of those decisions, which is what keeps the characters so engrossing for me. I think Billy Campbell's absence was a good thing. A little Jordan goes a long way, and the stretch without him gave Shawn and Richard room to develop.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Again, I agree. It's funny that I'm far more intrigued to see what becomes of Richard than Shawn having now seen the end of the season. Tom bitches about the future costing him so much....god look at Richard! Constantly in a struggle to keep his family (which he ended up losing) and trying to be the middle man between Shawn and Collier. He is definitely one of my favorite characters on the show.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Adam, I've watched the show for three seasons now and have not quite been able to figure out why I enjoy it so much (intense drama of the last few episodes notwithstanding ;)). With your quote above, you've given expression to thoughts I couldn't even get a handle on, much less express on my own. Thanks for your analysis, and especially for the extent to which it helps to crystalize my own thoughts about the show.

Great season ender! Collier and his gang have stooped to what many would consider terrorist means to achive their ends. I expect there to be some setbacks for their movement as a result of public perception, which should make for some interesting story telling.

Poor Ben! Yeah, I know he was just a thug, but he was a selfless thug. :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

I don't get this. If you don't enjoy the show all you need to do is not watch and problem solved for you! Why wish something away that others enjoy? For those here that enjoy the show, I think I can emphatically state that the show does not need to end. It needs to keep up the great job it has been doing.

I'm looking forward to picking up this story again next summer, though I wish it wasn't so long between these short seasons. I hope next season is on par with the quality of this one or a further improvement (though I still liked seasons 1&2). We saw some early signs of the beginning of the "war" this season. I hope the next takes us even deeper into that.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Was this in a preview or were you psychic (or just read the foreshadowing well enough)?

Neil

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Personally, I enjoy the show, but I too think that it should end soon. I think that they should try to wrap it up in one more season, because I really think the main story arc would drag on if it went too much longer than that. I realize that they could do a ton of episodes about the different powers everyone has developed, but after a while this would feel like filler as well.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
- it's interesting collier used homeless "network" to pass the needles... right along heroin =). it also makes sense since he's been a part of it all the time he's allegedly "dead".

- with isabelle out of the way, will shawn be following his desires to develop a relationship with that girl (ex of his brother?)

- diana will be back. this is becoming a very "mulder&scully" show.

- the most interesting bit was about the future. if anyone read Supertoys Last all Summer Long by Brian Aldiss (from which AI is based on), it's got a similar premise of rich people in the city while the poor (everyone else) dies around them. which faction sent the 4400 back? you can make an argument for one or the other. if it was the rich people in the city, they want to maintain autonomy of their status/survival by ensuring events happen as they have planned no matter how much they interfere with the past. if it's the poor people, they might want to change their luck (i'm assuming they have a resistance that have captured a time machine) for the better by modifying the past. but as with all time travel stories... there are these paradoxes that occur. one of the theories is that there are many parallel universes and modifying 1 may or may not change the outcome of your own universe... the risk is that you destroy it (an example is that if you assume 1 universe running on a linear timeline. if you killed your grandparents back in time knowingly or unknowingly. if that occurs, you wouldn't exist, so how could you have killed your grandparents?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks